Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Need More Coffee




(Photo by powerbooktrance on flikr. Used under a creative commons attribution license, terms here. Use of the photo does not imply that the owner endorses this blog or even knows it exists.)


I am having one of those days. I can barely stay awake at my desk. I need more coffee (a quad latte would actually be more like it), but I'm too tired to make coffee, too tired to go buy coffee at the 'bucks up the road ... just too tired.

I'd like to blame my husband for this one. We have a 10 pot coffeemaker. We used to have a 12-cup coffeemaker, but he bought a "new and improved" coffeemaker a few months ago, one that grinds the beans for you, and has a timer so you can set it to brew your coffee at a designated time each morning. But it just happens to have a smaller pot than the old coffeemaker had.

Did he adjust his coffee intake? Heck no, he still uses his jumbo mug and takes the same 6 cups of coffee he always has taken with him in the morning. Only now, that leaves me only 4 cups instead of 6.

Four just isn't enough.

Someone please send me some coffee, ok?

. . .

And wake me when it gets here.....

.

8 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Triple Venti Mocha, every morning. I don't start without it...

Fancy Schmancy said...

Don't you have a paralegal or something that you can send out to get you more coffee?

Jo ~ said...

Coffee is a must for me too! Nearly a pot a day ... however some days I'm still brain dead, go figure!

Give me brewed black (no cream or sugar) leaded coffee or give me none at all! No unleaded coffee please!

LegalMist said...

You can see how brain dead I was. I said we had a "10 pot" coffeemaker, when I should have said "10 cup" coffeemaker.

... A 10 pot coffeemaker, now that *would* be dreamy, wouldn't it?

Fancy -- actually, I'm a rather part-time attorney, and I work alone - no staff. Keeps the overhead down for maximum flexibility. But some days I do wish I had a secretary or paralegal -- they'd probably be thrilled to run to 'bucks for me if I'd buy them a latte, too...

Unknown said...

I've got a recommendation: buy a Senseo coffeemaker, then you'll be able to have fresh coffee at your beck and call as it only makes one cup at the time. It uses pods and there's a huge variety available online (you can buy some from grocery stores but there will be a limited variety).

By now, everyone in my family ownes one and we simply couldn't do without it. And Senseo makes the best of the 'one cupper' types.

Have a good weekend!
Jane

Jenners said...

I've been having problems staying awake all day .. around 2:00 pm I can barely keep my eyes open. I don't drink coffee but maybe I should start!

MY said...

I wish I still worked at Starbucks sometimes. My fiance has resorted to Cafe Bustelo coffee in a can -- I used to get a free pound of coffee every week!

I still have some "connections" in the Starbucks world (I worked there FOREVER). What kind of coffee do you drink?

http://helpmakecents.blogspot.com

P.S. I think you SHOULD start that blog "Help A Hungry Lawyer Pay Her Ridiculous Bills That She Incurred By Spending Frivolously When Times Were Good And Now Can't Pay Because Times Are Bad."

I'll help you with the title. I'm into puns. :-)

Suzy said...

I have a coffee maker. I have coffee. I have filters. It makes 10cups. I'd still rather go to Starbucks. I've been so tired I'm drinkin tea. With a bag. EASIER.