Thursday, November 27, 2014

Coolest. Trees. Ever.

At the University of Virginia, LegalMist's alma mater, stand the coolest trees in the world.  They are called "Pratt Ginkgo Trees," and they are lovely.  They are found elsewhere, too, of course.  But I remember, very clearly, exactly one day at the end of autumn, just as winter was beginning at the University, watching these beautiful trees shed their leaves.

They do not lose leaves gradually, like other trees.  Instead, they drop them all at once, in about one day.  I sat for about three hours one afternoon near the Lawn at U.Va., watching one gorgeous tree drop leaves.  It looked like snow.

I found a video for you on YouTube of a ginkgo tree at someone's house, that looks about like that tree at U.Va. looked, on that gorgeous fall day, dropping leaves so fast that it almost looked like a snowstorm.  Here it is:




I hope you enjoy it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Silliyak said...

Glad to have you post again!

Janie Junebug said...

It's nice to see you. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Love,
Janie

Scope said...

I'm hosting "Cyber Monday" again this year over at SCOPE-TECH. Just post something, anything, on Monday, December 1, and then post a link over on my blog.

Last year was a great way to reconnect with bloggers that had started to fade away.

Won't you play along?

If your blog is dead, but you want to just send me a blurb, I'll post it on Scope-Tech.

Scope

LegalMist said...

Hi everyone, thanks for commenting. I still lurk and read your blogs sometimes. I just find myself not commenting and not writing as much as I used to. My blog isn't totally dead yet--perhaps I'll revive it a bit, but it has definitely slowed down a lot. I've been dealing with a lot of kid issues and husband issues and... just life. And frankly, facebook takes more time than it used to. Scope, I'll definitely drop by and post a link. :)

Jo ~ said...

falling leaves creating a carpet of color, I love it. :) Hope your thanksgiving was awesome!