Friday, March 24, 2017

Single Again!

We finally reached an agreement and submitted the consent decree to the judge on March 6.  She signed it in record time on March 8. (Usually judges take 3 to 6 weeks to get around to signing a consent decree.)

I am single again!!

We closed on the sale of my interest in the marital home to the ex-husband.  I got the cash for my half of the equity.  I made an offer on a townhouse on Monday.  After a couple of counteroffers, the seller and I agreed on a price and, if all goes as planned, I will officially be a homeowner again on April 20.

I can move out of here on April 22!!

Life is good!

4 comments:

Scope said...

Glad to hear that the clouds are parting and the sun is starting to break through. It's an exciting new start.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm happy for you. Divorce is the best.

Love,
Janie

Jo ~ said...

congrats! :) I'm coming to visit! LOL

Jo ~ said...

just teasing ya know...but I always wanted to travel. My budget says I can't...darn.