Saturday, November 1, 2008

Overheard at My Kid's Art Class This Morning

Art Teacher ("AT"): So, Michael, what did you draw today?*

Michael: It's me on my bike and I'm riding to school.

AT: Nice drawing! Stephanie, what did you draw?

Stephanie: I drew my dog.

AT: Are those butterflies, too?

Stephanie: Uh-huh.

AT: Awesome job! LegalMist's Kid ("LMK") (age 5), what did you draw?

LMK: (Showing a stick figure drawing) It's the President, and this is a gun and a bullet and a bad guy and he's getting shot.

AT: ... Uh... really.... uh, which President is that?

LMK: Mr. Lincoln.

AT: Oh... wow... you certainly are up on your history, aren't you? ... Michelle, what did you draw?

---------------

Good thing LMK didn't say "Mr. Bush," or I might have come home to find the FBI at my door...


* All names are fictional.

3 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

That's cute.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Or even worse, Obama...

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. From the mouth's and minds of babes heeeeheee!