Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Husband Is Homer Simpson

So the other evening, my two kids were out back playing ball. They were not fighting, which is unusual. They were laughing, hitting baseballs, running around, having fun.

My husband flipped on the tv while starting to cook dinner.

Next thing I know, I hear him yelling out the back door to the kids:

"Hey kids, come on inside! "The Simpsons" is on! It's a new one!"

. . .

Fine parenting moment #283.

Do you think the neighbors were impressed?
.

6 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

It could have been worse. Like yelling "The Hills is on".

Dr Zibbs said...

You just described my house.

Kim Ayres said...

Maybe even more reason to consider ditching the TV :)

SkylersDad said...

I am sure he only uses the Simpsons as a bad example, much like I do!

Gwen said...

I remember getting called in for Disney on Sunday nights at 6. I loved that because it meant we were all together and there was pizza. I expect your kids will do the same.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! You must be so proud.