Friday, March 12, 2010

Whatever Happened to Jolt Cola?

I didn't begin drinking coffee until I was in law school. I never drank coffee in college. I muddled through with just soda for my caffeine "fix." And I couldn't stand diet soda; it had to be the kind with actual sugar.

My third year in college, there were many ads on the radio for "Jolt" cola. I *loved* their ads. They got right to the point:

"Drink Jolt Cola, with real sugar, and twice the caffeine."

It sounded *great*!! I raced right out and bought a case.

Too bad it didn't taste very good....

7 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Umm, yeah. Not a soda drinker myself. Ever.

I'm hooked on iced tea.

Jaime said...

law school got me hooked on coffee big time. by the end of the first semester, i was sucking down a pot a day. never tried jolt but i was more of a diet soda girl so it probably wouldn't have appealed to me

Prunella Jones said...

That is a cool ad! I never tried Jolt, but I have had Red Bull which to me tastes like Flintstone vitamins mixed with rotten juice. Yucky. When it comes to stimulants nothing beats Adderall in my book. Shame about that addictive part though.

Jo ~ said...

hey woman! I have never heard of Jolt cola! doesn't sound like it was too pleasing taste wise, kinda like that Tab stuff. Ick.

Jo ~ said...

coffee is my thing! No colas at all for me! I quit drinking cola or any caffeinated beverages years ago, outside of coffee, and just don't buy them. They put weight on ya.

Kristen said...

Wow, I haven't thought of Jolt in ages. I remember exactly what the can looks like, but don't think I ever drank it. Parents wouldn't let us (ha! wonder why?).

Nan said...

I remember it. Tasted kind of like RC Cola, but sweeter.