Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Overheard at the Baseball Game...

LegalMist's Son (LMS): That little kid is stealing that bat!

LegalMist's Husband (LMH): The one over there with the helmet on?

LMS: Yeah, him! Why is he taking the bat?!?!

LMH: He's supposed to. He's the bat boy!

LMS: What's a bat boy...?

LMH: He's Batman's son, of course.

LMS: Dad! You're an idiot!! [Looks at me] Is that true, Mom, is he really Batman's son?

Me: Oh, absolutely... Batman's son....

[After all, the parenting magazines do say you should back up your spouse when your kids are questioning their authority...]

* * * * * *

He'll be the only kid in his class who knows *this* particular fact....

9 comments:

LOLA said...

I agree. Batman's son.

Infinities,

Lola

Scope said...

Nicely played.

Gaston Studio said...

I seem to following Scope around this morning, so I'll just ditto his comment!

Melissa (A Gracious Calm) said...

Totally Batman's son. Who else would he be?

Kim Ayres said...

Pure Calvin & Hobbes :)

Green said...

I can't recall why it came up, but I've pretty much convinced my friend's newly-8 girl that after college, she'll become a pigeon. What is wrong with us?

bettyl said...

That sounds like something we'd come up with in our house! I think Karma will catch up with us one day.

Sandra said...

Oh the joys of being a parent! It wouldn't be any fun if we didn't get to mess them up once in a while!

Bella said...

haha! for shame!