Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

In these tough economic times, I am especially thankful for many things -- things that many people these days do not have, and suffer much for not having them.

I am so very thankful that my children are healthy and that we have health insurance for them, for those times when we need it.

I am thankful for the jobs that my husband and I have, and have been able to keep, even amidst layoffs and hiring freezes and businesses closing all around. My business has suffered, but at least I have work to do and I am quite thankfulr for my few remaining clients who are able to pay their bills. I am thankful that my husband and I are able (barely, these days, but we are able...) to earn enough money to pay for the home we live in, the cars we drive, and food for our table.

I am thankful that we have family members, both near and far, who care about us and about our children.

I am thankful for the good public schools that my children are able to attend, and for the knowledge and life skills those schools teach them. I am especially thankful for my children's wonderful teachers, who so clearly care about their students and continue to do a great job every day, despite having been forced to take pay reductions this year in order to keep their jobs.

I am thankful for the many good friends and kind neighbors all around me, and am glad that none of them (so far) have lost jobs or houses or their health this past year.

I am thankful for the wonderful Thanksgiving feast we will enjoy -- and glad that my wonderful husband will have a "year off" from cooking it, as my Mom has volunteered to host dinner this year.

And, as always, I am eternally and especially thankful for good wine and great chocolate!

Happy Turkey Day from sunny Arizona!


8 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Turkey Day to you too. I'm in Canada so we celebrated Thanksgiving last much, but I agree with that my husband & I are doing so much better than so many others. We're definitely thankful.

danneromero said...

Happy thanksgiving to you also. Enjoy!

Janie Junebug said...

A beautiful post my LegalEagle.

Love,
Lola

danneromero said...

hello, again.... i am passing THE LOVELY BLOG AWARD to you... you may pick it up on my blog...
daphne

Scope said...

Hope you had a great day.

SkylersDad said...

Belated happy thanksgiving to all of you!

Jaime said...

that's a great looking bird :)

John D. said...

: )