Alice, over at Mindless Rambling of a 26 Year Old, tagged me with a bag meme. Being the cooperative sort that I am, I am playing along. (Jenners, I promise I'll do that book meme soon, too -- it's just that, well, that one takes so much more thought than this one!)
Here are the rules:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you can't go into your closet and pull out your favorite purse! We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house.
2. List how much it cost. And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, we’d love to hear it!
3. Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your bag.
So here is a photo of my current bag. Like Bella and Gwen, I tend to use the same one every day until it wears out, then get a new one. None of that changing my bag daily or weekly to match my shoes or outfit sort of thing. (No time for that!) It's getting a little dinged up.
This bag was free to me; I have no idea how much my mother in law paid for it, but she gave it to me as a birthday gift just as my prior bag wore out, so I was happy and grateful and have carried it since then. It is black leather, sturdy, reasonably good looking, and a little larger than I really need, but comfortable to carry, and I like it.
It wasn't in the rules, but everyone who is playing this game seems to be posting a photo of the contents. Since I'm not shy, I'll play along with that game, too. Here is a photo of the contents of the bag:
Clockwise spiral from top left:
1. Michael's receipt from purchase of supplies for Girl Scout meeting Monday night.
2. Claritin, Aspirin, Kleenex, because you never know when you might need these things. Especially the Kleenex, when you have kids.
3. Mints, regular and chocolate.
4. Pens. I usually have many more than two, but I just cleaned out my bag over the weekend.
5. Emergency grooming needs -- two liptsticks, nail clippers, nail file. I usually have a comb in here, too; must have left it at the office.
6. Lawyer supplies -- post it notes (the white-ish looking blob next to the pens) and paperclips in various styles and sizes.
7. Various punch cards / membership cards / insurance cards, etc, kept in inside pocket for occasional use. The one on top is for the "Gold Bar Espresso" coffee house I've mentioned before. They make the best coffee in town. I am halfway to a free latte there. Woo hoo!
8. Memory stick inside case, for transporting important computer files from office to home and/or on vacation and/or for emergency use.
9. Keys. It looks like a lot of keys, but I don't have any on there that aren't regularly used. There are keys for my car, office (main building door and my office door), mailbox (main door and my box key), my husband's car (ignition and gas), bike lock, my house, and my friend's house. She has Multiple Sclerosis, and sometimes needs me to stop by and help her with this or that. Me having a key makes it easier for her so she doesn't have to get up to answer the door.
10. Business checkbook and wallet containing business credit and merchant cards, as well as business cards and my lucky $2 bill.
11. Cell phone.
12. Personal wallet containing personal credit and merchant cards, and (rarely) small amounts of cash or coins for the parking meter.
Ok, so there you have it. Everything you ever wanted to know, and then some, about my bag.
I'm not going to specifically tag anyone else, though. If you are reading this blog and you haven't already been tagged, consider yourself tagged! Or not. Your choice, really.