Sunday, February 1, 2009

Steelers Upset Cardinals In Super Bowl

Well, my Cardinals played hard and played well. They made a few errors, one critical one at the end of the first half where the Steelers intercepted and ran it back for a touchdown, and in the end that came back to haunt them. Pittsburgh beat Arizona, 27 - 23. And so it goes; looks like Dr. Zibbs was right this time. Good call, Dr. Z!

But overall it was a great game, by both teams. A real nail-biter to the end. And not a bad run for my Cardinals, given that at the beginning of the playoffs, no one expected them to advance past the first round.

To anyone who relied on my scoring prediction, which was not entirely accurate this time, I do apologize for the minor error. Apparently I added just a tad too much of that "wishful thinking" ingredient when predicting a Cardinals win. But, in my defense, I have to say I was darn close on the Pittsburgh side of the score (I predicted 29; they scored 27), and I was absolutely right about the Cardinals beating that point spread (7 points!) that the oddsmakers were setting the day I made my prediction. So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right?

I just hope none of you bet the farm on the game!

Better luck next time, my little red birds, better luck next time.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I was also betting on the Red Birds and they almost pulled it off...when my Bears were in the superbowl a couple times ago , it was ugly. Really painful!
The Cardnals did great and I only lost 5 cents.

Dr Zibbs said...

Just thanks my crystal ball.

OK its the magic eight ball but whatever.

Fancy Schmancy said...

My son watched, and said it was an awesome game. He was rooting for the Steelers, but he was really just watching the game. He told this morning about how Arizona made such an excellent play near the end, but then the Steelers stole it back.

It was well played by both sides, from what I hear. If you love the game, that should be all that counts, right?