Sunday, November 22, 2009

Too Many Deadlines

I promised to post every day, no matter how busy I am. But, oh, what a day.

I taught my LSAT preparation class all day yesterday and today.

My brother-in-law arrived in town this evening, so we took an hour out to go say hi and have dinner at my mother-in-law's house. We took the opportunity to say goodbye to her beloved Molly, who will be euthanized tomorrow. Molly was happy to see us all, but it was clear she is not feeling great. Her breathing was a bit labored, and she was not up and about as much as usual, begging to be petted and loved. We will miss her.

I have two different court pleadings due tomorrow.

I also have subpoenas to serve for a case coming up soon.

I have numerous legal writing papers to finish grading.

I am supposed to meet with a couple of students tomorrow, but I may have to move them to Tuesday.

So here I am at almost midnight, working frantically. Wish me luck and wakefulness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Molly having to be put down. My oldest daughter's beloved dog, Wendy, had to be put down just before Christmas several years ago; hard to have to deal with it anytime, but holidays make it more so.